8.02.2010

Manic Monday...but it's done!

Happy Monday :) It's been a typical Monday for me, so here is a little something for you...

I've done it. Finally finished the TV stand!

I have been wishing for something like this forever...



I first stumbled upon this amazing TV stand over at Miss Mustard Seed's blog, the piece was made by Karli at Rocky Bella. I searched for something similar to paint and this is what I found (the bottom of a hutch, for a $teal!)

After sanding and priming, the initial plan was to paint it with my fav, Rustoleum's Heirloom White. That changed after painting the top in that color, and realizing it may melt into the background of my off white walls...so, back to Karli's TV stand I thought, and back to Home Depot I went, in search of a pretty olive (or in this case, oregano) green.

I L.O.V.E. the way it turned out!

Do you notice something missing from the original photo? Yep. We (and by we, I mean Tyler) used a sawzall to cut out the middle panel (the outer panels open). Our cable box wouldn't fit in without cutting that panel out and I like how it looks now!



These wonderful (sarcastically speaking) pictures were taken specially by my cell phone. I haven't been able to find the camera cord since we moved!



Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

PS: I love living in a house! Now onto the next DIY project :)

9 comments:

  1. Your stand turn out so great! I love the curvy bottom and that you modified it to fit your needs. You picked out a great color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out! I love all the details on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I can't wait to share more projects on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the green! I hope you find your cord soon... the casualties of moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color you choose to paint your cabinet. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm a bit biased because green is my favorite color - but I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome! I love the color too. :)

    ReplyDelete